- Pope Francis: Merry Christmas, you power-hungry hypocrites
- NY police say gunman who killed officers told bystanders to…
- Prosecutor: No Terror Link for Driver Who Hit 13 Pedestrians…
- Sony Hack: China Condemns Cyberattacks, Doesn’t Name North Korea in…
- Apple Will Earn $3 Billion Because The iPhone 6 Starts…
- Pope launches scathing attack on Vatican plagued by ills
- Here Come Existing Home Sales… (XHB)
Trend Alert: Aprons Are Back In Style
The Montreal Gazette assures that this is really the case â€” that aprons are seeing a â€śrenewed interest,â€ť with decorative versions suddenly popping up after years of being an obscure item.
Were they ever really out of style?
Iâ€™m not quite convinced that aprons are having some kind of outrageous resurgence â€” I donâ€™t want to argue that aprons are the new skinny jean. But if there was some stigma towards wearing an apron, I agree itâ€™s probably dissolved into the ether by now, making it fine and well to wear an apron in the kitchen. Sure, why not?Â In fact, it seems practical. Iâ€™m surprised to even hear it portrayed as oppressive. So there you have it! No one, including me, thinks of the apron as some mid-century female torture tool.