- One Direction, Taylor Swift shine at American Music Awards
- Suicide Bomber Kills 50 at Afghanistan Volleyball Tournament
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- Hillary Clinton would be great president: Barack Obama
- Australian mother charged after baby survives five days in drain
- Protesters demand indictment of policeman in Ferguson shooting
- Swiss museum to say whether it accepts n**i-era art hoard
Trend Alert: Aprons Are Back In Style
The Montreal Gazette assures that this is really the case — that aprons are seeing a “renewed interest,” with decorative versions suddenly popping up after years of being an obscure item.
Were they ever really out of style?
I’m not quite convinced that aprons are having some kind of outrageous resurgence — I don’t want to argue that aprons are the new skinny jean. But if there was some stigma towards wearing an apron, I agree it’s probably dissolved into the ether by now, making it fine and well to wear an apron in the kitchen. Sure, why not? In fact, it seems practical. I’m surprised to even hear it portrayed as oppressive. So there you have it! No one, including me, thinks of the apron as some mid-century female torture tool.