One of Brian’s Favorite Quotes
If Tehran insists on combining the Persian imperial tradition with contemporary Islamic fervor, then a collision with America — and, indeed, with its negotiating partners of the Six — is unavoidable. Iran simply cannot be permitted to fulfill a dream of imperial rule in a region of such importance to the rest of the world. Heinz Alfred Henry Kissinger (1923 - ) , [then] Secretary of State, 1973 quotations yes webmaster
2663 It is an act of insanity and national humiliation to have a law prohibiting the President from ordering assassination.”
— Heinz Alfred Henry Kissinger (1923 - )
, [then] Secretary of State, 1973
Decision and Order Granting a Waiver to GE Appliances From the Department of Energy Residential Refrigerator and Refrigerator-Freezer Test Procedures
2. In section 5, Test Measurements, the following:
220.127.116.11Long-time or Variable Defrost Control for Systems
(4) Representations. GE may make representations about the energy use of its above specified refrigerator-freezer products for compliance, marketing, or other purposes only to the extent that such products have been tested in accordance with the provisions outlined above and such representations fairly disclose the results of such testing.
(5) This waiver shall remain in effect consistent with the provisions of 10 CFR 430.27(m).
(6) This waiver is issued on the condition that the statements, representations, and documentary materials provided by the petitioner are valid. DOE may revoke or modify this waiver at any time if it determines the factual basis underlying the petition for waiver is incorrect, or the results from the alternate test procedure are unrepresentative of the basic models’ true energy consumption characteristics.
(7) This waiver applies only to those basic models set out in GE’s February 15, 2013 petition for waiver. Grant of this waiver does not release a petitioner from the certification requirements set forth at 10 CFR part 429.