BI Intelligence continues to grow
We’re looking for a hardworking individual with strong quantitative and analytical skills to join a growing team of analysts at Business Insider Intelligence. The candidate must also be an excellent writer.
What Is BI Intelligence?
BI Intelligence is a subscriptionresearch service from Business Insider that provides in-depth analysis and insights on the tech industry. We publish newsletters, news notes and in-depth reports as well as an exhaustive library of charts and data that
What’s The Job?
The ideal Research Analyst will have a deep interest in tech news and feel comfortable analyzing a wide range of tech-related topics, including social, mobile, e-commerce, digital marketing, and mobile payments. The Research Analyst will support the research team in data-related tasks. These will include: creating charts, curating and updating data sets, researching/sourcing data, and managing data and document production.
Desired Skills Experience
The candidate will complement their strong data-processing ability with excellent writing skills. The ideal candidate would also have an interest in visual data presentation. After a training period, the candidate will be expected to independently produce full-length research reports of value to our members.
If this role is for you, here are some of the other traits you must possess:
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of data and understand what really matters and why
- Ability to write clearly and rapidly about complicated topics, without becoming bogged down in jargon
- Attention to detail
- Diligence, creativity, and persistence in data research
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- A high degree of comfort with Excel is required
- Internships or relevant experience in data journalism, market research/consulting, or financial analysis is helpful but not required
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in business, finance, economics, science, mathematics, or computer science is preferred but not required
- Solid grounding in business analysis fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in data-driven visual storytelling
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
This role offers a unique opportunity to straddle the journalism and business/consulting worlds. It would be an excellent way to sharpen your skills before business school, or launching a career in digital media, research, or business journalism.
If interested, please submit your resume, a short cover letter and writing samples to us. Resumes submitted without work examples will not be considered. Thank you in advance.